We are mentioned important things about Zahedi Date for you in here:
What is Zahedi Date?
The most exquisite species of ِِDates are produced in Iran. The fruit has a large variety and more than 400 varieties of the fruit, some of which acclaimed worldwide, are produced in the southern, southwestern, and southeastern palm groves of Iran.
Zahedi (zahidi) Date can be considered as the most frequently used kind of Date fruit in Iran. This Date can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran but the most kind of Iranian Zahedi Date fruit is cultivated in Fars and Kerman provinces.
Iranian Zahedi Date is dry fruit with yellow color to light brown, round in size, meaty and so delicious with high durability which its moisture is less than other kinds of Date fruits.
Zahedi Date History
Zahedi Date can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran like is cultivated in Khuzestan, Fars, Bushehr and Kerman provinces of Iran but :
- The most extensive production is in a region called Dashtestan city in Bushehr Province: Bushehr Province’s Dashtestan city: Bushehr Province is one of the 31 provinces of Iran that settled in the south of the country.so, its dry and hot weather has caused the province is rich in Date palm (Date palm only agricultural product of this province that are exported). And Dashtestan city has the first place in production of Date palm and citrus.Around 16,250 hectares of land in the city of palm cultivation. Dashtestan city’s economy dependent on agriculture products, especially Date palm.
- The most and best kind of Iranian Zahedi Date fruit is cultivated in Fars and Kerman provinces.
Where is Zahedi Growing?
Zahedi Date is one of the most widely used and delicious dry ِِDates in the world that can be grown in most tropical cities of Iran but the most kind of Iranian Zahedi Date fruit is cultivated in Fars and Kerman provinces.
Zahedi Date is classified as a dried fruit and late fruiting Date.The Date in addition to Fars and Kerman provinces can be grown in cities such as Firuz Abad, Bushehr, Lar, Ahvaz, Khorram Shahr and also countries like Iraq and America.
Zahedi Date Moisture
Zahedi Date Moisture is less than other kinds of Date fruits. Its moisture is under %14.
Zahedi Date color
Zahedi Date is yellow color to light brown.
Zahedi Date Shape
Zahedi Date Shape is short, oval, thick, elongated and at the end it is quite narrow and sharp, less sweet.
Zahedi Date Size
Zahedi Date Size is short, round, Also its size is about 3.5 cm.
Zahedi Date Types
The Zahedi Date planting areas in Iran are:
- Fars (Firuz Abad, Lar) and Kerman (Jiroft, Bam, Kahnooj and shahdad) provinces: best quality
- Bushehr (Dashtestan and etc.)Province.
- Khuzestan province (Khorram Shahr and etc.) that is called Zohdi Date.
And each one can be divided into two types of pitted and un pitted.